REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO VISIT MEXICO BY SEA
- Certificates or current vessel registration
- Current vessel insurance
- Current passport (owner and crew)
- Current vessel import permit (issued by Mexican customs authorities)*
*This document is required for vessels that have visited Mexico in the past and currently have one.
**Applications can be submitted in Ensenada for vessels that do not have a current permit or require one.
***If vessel is registered under a Corporation or LLC you will require the following documents:
- Letter of authorization to operate vessel notarized for Captain / Owner.
- Articles of incorporation.
-Articles of organization or certificate of formation that shows the company number for corporation or LLC.
**** Customs hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 pm. Except holidays.
Apply for a Temporary Import Permit Online: Start Application Here.